Jack Wolfskin

Jack Wolfskin Leave grass clippings on your

Leave grass clippings on your lawn

The City of Edmonton is asking residents to go green when cutting grass with Jack Wolfskin an electric mower, remove the bag from your lawn mower and leave the clippings on the lawn.

“This is a call to action to help reduce the amount of waste we produce in a convenient, simple and environmentally sustainable way,” says Coun. Don Iveson. “Almost 60 per cent of Edmontonians are already leaving the clippings on the lawn, but we need the remaining 40 per cent to get on board.”

Grass clippings account for almost half the waste collected during the spring and summer months. An average household sets out 40 to 50 bags of clippings, which adds up to 40,000 tonnes of grass that is still being collected. This is equivalent to the weight of 3,077 city buses.

“Instead of going through the trouble of bagging the clippings and setting them out for collection, leave them on the lawn. It’s good for your lawn and it saves you time,” says Iveson. “Simple changes like this can have a positive impact on the environment when we all participate.”

Grass clippings quickly decompose and naturally fertilize the lawn, meaning less chemical fertilizer is needed. The practice of leaving clippin Jack Wolfskin gs on the lawn also reduces the need for wate Jack Wolfskin r and reduces greenhouse gas emissions.

The City of Edmonton is asking residents to go green when cutting grass with an electric mower, remove the bag from your law Jack Wolfskin n mower and leave the clippings on the lawn.

“This is a call to action to help reduce the amount of waste we produce in a convenient, simple and environmentally sustainable way,” says Coun. Don Iveson. “Almost 60 per cent of Edmontonians are already leaving the clippings on the lawn, but we need the remaining 40 per cent to get on board.”

Grass clippings account for almost half the waste collected during the spring and summer months. An average household sets out 40 to 50 bags of clippings, which adds up to 40,000 tonnes of grass that is still being collected. This is equivalent to the weight of 3,077 city buses.